Robert S. Chapkin: Deputy Director
Genomics & Bioinformatics Facility Core
The activities of the Core fall under the initiative in Systems Biology to model, understand, and ultimately engineer at the molecular level the dynamic relationships among biological molecules that define living organisms. This takes advantage of our cross-disciplinary activities in Genomics, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics and Engineering.
- Coordinates gene expression experiments utilizing deep sequencing technology
- Provides RNA quality assessment by Agilent Bioanalyzer
- Promotes Real Time PCR training and access to an Applie Biosystems Quant Studio3
- Compiles and archives generated data
- Performs microRNA quantification by PCR array
We also provide a central facility for the evaluation, acquisition of and training in specialized bioinformatics software for analysis of expression data.